Reve 5:1-5 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
This is not a future event that is spoken of here in Revelation, but a past event of the work of Calvary through which God chose to save souls.
We know that because we read:
Reve 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.How could a lamb stand after it had been slain?
Reve 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;He redeemed us when He took the book, after entering the Holiest of Holies with His own blood.
Just like the High Priest of the Tabernacle in the wilderness went into the Holiest of Holies, a secret room where God’s holiest presence dwelt, with blood of a sacrifice to make atonement for Israel’s sins, Jesus went into the Actual Holiest of Holies with His own blood to redeem us to God, and take away our sins forever.
Jesus spoke of people whose hearts are waxed gross so that they cannot see nor hear.
Matt 13:10-17 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous [men] have desired to see [those things] which ye see, and have not seen [them]; and to hear [those things] which ye hear, and have not heard [them].Notice that Jesus said that a person is BLESSED if they can see and hear, or understand.
When Jesus asked the disciples whom they thought He was, Peter said
he was the Christ, Son of the living God.
• Jesus remarked and said that he was BLESSED, because flesh and blood did not reveal that to Him, but rather God the Father revealed it.
• BLESSED means enjoying the bliss of Heaven.
• The revelations that mean we are blessed are things that only God can show you.
• If all that you know is what other people can relate to you, then you have not received revelation.
• This sort of Revelation can only come from God.
• Even people who received it cannot give it to you, because flesh and blood does not reveal such things to others.
• But to be blessed, you experience revelation from God, Himself.
• Something actually opens up to your heart.
Most Pharisees who could not make heads or tails out of Jesus’ parables,
were intellectually smarter than the disciples of Jesus.
• And if flesh and blood could reveal such things to people, these Pharisees surely would have received them.
• But these intellects missed out on some things.
• And Jesus’ parables were in just such a form that one had to receive help from God to get their full points.
• One had to be blessed in order to enjoy such revelations.
• That means God had to be involved.
I recall writing to people years ago before the internet came out about
some revelations the Lord had given me on a university computer bulletin
• Someone wrote me and simply said, “You are blessed.”
• Obviously that person knew what Jesus meant.
Its not the intellect that relates to these things.
• It’s the heart.
• And these Pharisees’ hearts were waxed gross.
• Paul spoke about this same problem.
2Cor 3:14-16 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which [vail] is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.A veil is over the heart, and that is what Jesus meant when He said their “hearts are waxed gross.”
Does everyone know what REPENT means?
• TURN AROUND.
Turning your heart around towards Jesus is a genuine change of everything
• Its not making believe you are a Christian, and sinning behind everyone’s back.
• I cannot read your mind nor see what is in your hearts, but God can.
• And He simply will not give revelation to one whose heart is not truly turned or repentant.
We must be sincere.
Moses TURNED aside to see the burning bush and God spoke to him.
John heard a voice like a trumpet behind him, in Revelation 1:10-12 and TURNED towards it.
In fact, a voice like a trumpet is indicative of REVELATION BEING GIVEN.
Isai 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people ...John heard a voice like a trumpet again here:
Reve 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.A voice like a trumpet.
Flesh and blood did not reveal these things to John.
• Jesus revealed them.
Isn’t it interesting that Jesus told Peter that the Father reveals (revelates) things to us, and we read where the voice like a trumpet, God’s revelation, came from a surprising source...
Reve 1:12-13 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.The head thinks... THE HEART BELIEVES.
Now, the natural part of humanity is the part that sinners and saints
alike both have use of.
• And that includes intellect.
1Cor 2:12-14 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.Paul said that the natural man cannot receive the things of God.
Paul said that he preached things that were hidden from mankind since the beginning of the world.
1Cor 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:He called it wisdom that was HIDDEN.
Ephe 3:4-9 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Colo 1:26-27 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
See how many times Paul referred to the Mystery of the Gospel!
The Bible refers to the Gospel as a MYSTERY that was hidden from the
beginning of the world.
• That means that God had the Gospel in mind since before Adam’s time.
• That is why Rev. 13:8 says the lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.
In Isaiah God spoke of visions and things of the Spirit that were hidden from man as SEALED BOOKS.
Isai 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed:
To the one who is LEARNED.
Reve 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.And nobody can open it.
Rev 5:9 ...Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;It all fits.
Reve 5:6 ...stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.He has seven eyes, because no mystery is hidden from Him.
Seven horns because after He rose from the grave, He said, in Matthew
28:18, that ALL POWER IS GIVEN UNTO ME.
• Horns represent power, because animals fought with their horns..
Many wise men have desired to see these things and have not seen them
because they were so perfectly sealed that ONLY JESUS COULD UNSEAL THEM.
• And He had not yet come, died and resurrected in their day.
And preachers like Paul have eyes to see, for they receive revelation
from God because their HEARTS are turned towards Jesus.
• You can’t fool Jesus.
• If your heart is living a pretense, God sees it and will not give you any revelation.
REVELATION means UNVEILING.
• Where’s the veil that must be unveiled?
• ON THE HEART.
What did Paul say the mystery was?
• “Christ in you the.... HOPE OF GLORY.”
• And Paul said in Eph. That our eyes must be enlightened to know the HOPE.
• To see the REVELATION.
Ephe 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:And John saw!
Reve 6:1-2a And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, ...
Oh, God had so much in store for us!
• But we lost the path of life.
• But those cherubims represent the Church, and they were put in the Garden entrance for a message to us.
• With eyes all over and all understanding, the Church is there for you to urge you to come and see.
• Is the way opened now?
• Yes it is.
But Jesus said I AM THE WAY.
• His DEATH on the cross is the key.
Peter quoted Psalm 16:10 in Acts 2, and referred to Jesus.
Psal 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.And speaking of the resurrection of Jesus, THE GOSPEL, in this Psalm, David then went on to say...
Psal 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence [is] fulness of joy; at thy right hand [there are] pleasures for evermore.In the right hand of God, in Rev. 5, was a book of mystery sealed from the beginning of the world.
AT HIS RIGHT HAND ARE PLEASURES FOREVERMORE.
We left His presence, and left joy.
• But through Christ we come back again and IN HIS PRESENCE THERE IS FULLNESS OF JOY.
• AT HIS RIGHT HAND PLEASURES FOREVERMORE.
Pleasures for how long?
• ETERNAL LIFE.
1. John TURNED.
• You have to turn your heart around and truly repent away from your
• Your intellect can pretend to be Christian, but God knows your heart, and unless it is turned to Him, He gives you no revelation.
• Be sincere.
• Be real.
• Truly repent and turn to Him.
Can you see this hope?
• Fullness of joy.
When God gives me revelation, I AM BLESSED.
• I experience the BLISS of HEAVEN.